Monday, April 4, 2011

Mentors: Sherry Murdock

Sherry Murdock is an art major at UVU with an emphasis in oil painting and sculpting.



Sherry's Artist Statement:

pas-sion:

an intense desire or enthusiasm for something

The first feeling of passion I can remember was in Charleston, SC, where I moved to at the age of seven from Roswell, New Mexico. The feeling I had of utter wonder and joy at the abundance of flowers and sweet fragrances Charleston had, has stayed with me throughout my life. The beauty is palpable, and my passion for beauty started there at a very young age.

I was an adult before I realized I had an ability for drawing. Upon entering UVSC in 2006, I started taking watercolor, oil painting & drawing classes, along with figure drawing and painting. Through time and experience, I discovered my love of the vibrance of bold colors. They speak to me and help me speak to all who view my work. I seek to bring a sense of joy to the viewer as putting color down on canvas or paper brings to me. I have also since found a love for sculpting and ceramics, something I hope to perfect in the future.



Visit Sherry's website!