Monday, April 4, 2011

Mentors: Amanda Bronson

Amanda Bronson is a fine art major at UVU with an emphasis in painting and drawing.

Amanda's Artist Statement:

The artist makes things concrete and gives them individuality- Paul Cezanne. I express and define myself through my artwork. My personal tastes, ideas, values, beliefs, and desires are revealed and may therefore become shared via the viewer! The things I value are diverse. Yet connection is everything! Physical connection with the earth, connection with our carnal being, our spiritual desires, connection to others. I am a steward and a protector, I stand for agency and development. As others grow and reach new heights my heart sings. I love service and nurturing all beings. Adventure, discovery, and to live this fascinating life is my desire. There are puzzles, hidden meaning, and endless possibilities to be explored. What better way to achieve these objectives than through art. My intuition guides me. Connection with my senses, connection with others. My art work expresses the universal truths that what is is and this world is our play ground. What connects us, we share a world, but this world it is interpreted differently within us all. Does my interpretation resonate with your being. Do you want to cry or sing? Are you touched? Are you alive? What do you see within your eye?