Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mentee Profiles

Emily H:
I like art because you can express yourself and your feelings in it. I like it because when drawing you are practically making up your own world. It shows who you are. You can make any kind of story with art. That’s why art is important to me. It also gives me something to do. It’s very entertaining and fun. Just think, if there wasn’t art, there wouldn’t be things such as Disneyland. Disneyland started by a man who drew. Disneyland is based off of those drawings. Without art, the world would be boring to me.

Sarah H:
Art makes my imagination come to life. I don’t have to pick and choose with art. I get to create it. One of the best things about art is everyone single person has their own style of it. Art helps me express my feelings. When I don’t know exactly what to say with words, I can say it with art. Art is a part of my life and always will be.

Sarah L:
I love art because I am able to express myself and find a way to enter my imagination and show others what I create. I can tell stories and teach lessons in ways that just words can’t quite describe. A picture is worth 1000 words.

Bruce:
I like art cause it expresses feelings, is creative, and just amazing.

Czar:
There is a lot of power in music. I want to know if what we see is Real.

Jonny M:
Hola my name is Jonny M. and my favorite type of art is music!!!


Kai:
I like to draw. I like to trying to get better when I draw animals, like making them more realistic. It is my talent sometimes. I like art because its really colorful, I love color. I see a lot of color when I paint and I really like it because its pretty. Art makes me feel happy.

Alyson:
Curiosity is the reason why I choose to study art.
The exciting little journeys art takes me on when creating,
the little stories that make up the ordinary of life.
Studying art has made me more aware of the world around me.

Jacob:
Creative activities have always drawn my attention,
from a young age I would draw, colour, cut and create!
I'm still very much like this, I find myself losing track of time and working into the small hours.
I enjoy the challenges which design presents and communicating my ideas as solutions.

David T:
I like to draw things with pens or on the computer too,
because it is cool to make something out of nothing but your ideas. I
hope art is fun when I take art classes, I think it should. So far I
like it lots!