Monday, April 4, 2011

Mentors: Jorge Rodriguez


Jorge Rodriguez is a fine arts major who is emphasizing in Painting and Drawing. And political activism. And action figures. And...

Jorge's Artist Statement:

My love of art could be traced back to the days of my childhood when comic book superheroes held all of my attention. During these years, I would fill pages detailing the adventures of my favorite superheroes represented in simple stick figures. As I grew older, my father showed me a new way to draw figures, based on circles, squares, and rectangles, and explained that the human figure could represented with these basic shapes. Soon, this developed into a full-blown love of art. It all finally came together when a friend told me I was “like a really cool action figure”.



Visit Jorge's website!